The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Friday 3 December 2010

Visitors at last!

The family managed to get to see me today at last so we had a lovely day doing our own thing.  And I can vouch for the magical powers of a MacDonalds milkshake.  It definitely was more appetising than water.

I think the staff here have been making bets on when my temperature would finally spike.  I got close last night but then settled back down.  But, as I was writing this, my temperature was taken again and I have reached that magical 38 degrees!  This instantly lead to them taking loads of bloods off me to test for cultures.  See the photo of the paraphernalia, if only those bottles contained wine rather than being filled with my blood!  I also qualify for antibiotics - they really don't take any chances.


Well, now I'm set up with my antibiotic drip for half an hour, and of course my temperature has gone down again!  However, this is so normal that they would have been more worried if I hadn't had the temperature.

I think I'll sign off before anything else interrupts my writing.  Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment