The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Friday 17 December 2010

A very good day

I've had a good day today for various reasons.  Firstly my counts have gone up so fast that I am nearly normal (on that front anyway) so I'll stop going on about them.  My yellow warning sign has been removed and visitors no longer need to wear aprons.  They should still stay away if they are less than 100% well though as that is another thing altogether - it just means I have the means to start building an immune system, not that I have a fully formed one (I wish).

The consultant was pleased and has started on the process of weaning me off many of the drugs I have been taking.  I will get my Cyclosporin orally from tomorrow, instead of via 3 hours of drip, so a major improvement, and I am stopping or reducing many of the supportive drugs.  I'll be watched carefully to ensure that things like temperature and blood pressure stay under control.

Also, as I am no longer confined to my room, I took a stroll to the lift lobby and basked in the sunshine for about half an hour.  This may not sound like much but my room is north facing and I haven't seen the sun for a month!

As the girls had their last day of term today they were released early so they came to see me early, with Dave following not much later, and we had another companionable afternoon.  We don't have to converse all the time - it is just to nice to have the family around me.  To be honest, I'd be exhausted if I had to keep up a conversation the whole time!

Catherine, sorry to hear about your redundancy (although you did not sound too surprised).  I look forward to seeing more of you, albeit briefly before we both get sucked back into the world of accountancy.

Joan, I do hope the carol concert goes well tomorrow and that the mulled wine gets shared out efficiently!  I am so sorry to miss out this year, one of my favourite Christmas events.

God bless and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment