The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Saturday 4 December 2010

Bizarre!

I've just had a rather amusing experience. As it is the weekend I get to see one of the doctors who covers, rather than my regular one, Rob.  Today I was seen by a Dutch lady called Ellen who didn't get around to seeing me until after 9pm.  She then said I needed another chest X-ray to go with all the other tests spurred by my temperature so she took me down pretty well straight away.  It was all over very fast and it is clear I'm pleased to say.

I had to remove my bra for the X-ray, as it is underwired, so I did it the girly way without removing my T shirt. I didn't bother putting it back on again to come back up and had it on my lap.  Ellen confessed that she is so puritanical that I had to hide it up my front!!!  We then spent the return journey discussing whether it is strange to hide your underwear on the washing line!

Apart from that it has been a pretty quiet day.  I was visited by Dave, Corina and Michelle although, being pretty tired, I wasn't exactly sparkling company.  I've also been given one bag of platelets followed by one bag of red blood cells with another due tomorrow morning.

Hopefully that's it for the day and I can get myself to bed pretty soon.

PS I've finally worked out how to set the correct time zone so my postings are actually showing the right time at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment