The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Thursday 9 December 2010

2 weeks post transplant

And things aren't going quite as well as they were, with my neutrophil count falling for the third day in a row.  They took (even more) blood off me to see if there is a reason for this or just we need to give it more time.  No results as yet.  Fortunately I feel fine apart from getting breathless with next to no exertion.  I knit a couple of rows and need a lie down to recover!

The toughest bit about this is that it prolongs the time before I can get out and about again, even if it is just around the floor. Also it is threatening my aim to be out by Christmas.  Let's hope it is all resolved quickly.

The hair loss continues apace so I've now ordered several hats to keep my head warm and avoid scaring the other residents.  There are some quite nice ones out there once you know where to look.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been sending emails and comments.  It is lovely to hear from you.  I want to apologise if you don't get a response.  I certainly am reading and enjoying them.  It's just that it is so tiring for me to respond.  Typing this blog is about as much as I can manage some days.  So please bear with me and keep them coming.

I apologise that there is no posting of me in the purple wig - I'm not brave enough yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment