The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Thursday 2 December 2010

One week post transplant..

...and still doing well.  We count things in days at this point.

The platelets and growth factor yesterday have both shown good results.  I am no longer at the zero neutrophil count (although barely off the floor).

Dave and the girls haven't been able to visit for a couple of days because of the snow.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.  I have had clearance for any visitors to arrive carrying a MacDonalds choc milkshake!  They are so desperate to encourage me to drink enough that that got the thumbs up!  Whether I actually fancy one when I get one is yet to be seen.  I'm struggling with drinking anything even vaguely acidic.

Thanks for the postings which you have been able to do, it's great to hear news of the world out there.  If you have tried and given up, you can always email me on thomascathy@virginmedia.com.

I'm pretty tired this evening so will sign off now and catch some kip.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. If it is any consolation, Ian had same problem with drinks after his chemo. Orange squash was an absolute NO NO. He had to stick to water -that phase didn't last too long so hopefully things will be the same for you.
    Anyway another day pretending to work from home. We went for a walk today and it was absolutely beautiful. The ground was really crisp under foot and it was nothing like as cold as yesterday. I have promised a morning of toboganing tomorrow - must have been in a moment of weakness.
    Funny Rosie should mention the Reedham Park book as I read it only the other week. I love reading it - a real trip down memory lane. I think my Dad's contribution was great.
    I am really pleased that your blood test results are good. I am keeping everything crossed for you.
    Take care
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the milkshake. And good luck with the treatments.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete