The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Thursday 16 December 2010

Surreal conversation

My counts are doing really well now, so much so that I may lose my yellow warning sign tomorrow and visitors will not have to wear aprons any more.

Talking of visitors, the seasonal coughs and colds are taking their toll.  Jennifer, the minister at St John's had to call off as she has had a resurgence of her cold, so we had a nice long chat instead on the 'phone.  And my two colleagues Helena and Nicky who came to see me after their Christmas lunch, before returning to Birmingham, both had sniffles or similar.  The nurse would not allow them to come into my room so we had this rather surreal conversation with them standing outside my door wearing masks, talking through the small, semi frosted glass window!  No wonder they said I looked well, they could hardy see me!  Great to see you guys, even if it as only a bit of you!

This does bring home how vulnerable I still am, even with a reasonable neutrophil count, as my immune system has to rebuild itself from scratch.

Anyway, the good news was that I still had enough energy when Dave arrived for us to get some Christmas cards done.

Nothing more to report for today so I'll wish you good night.

2 comments:

  1. What great news. Onwards and upwards. Sounds like you are well on the way to recovery now. I have been made redundant (relocation up North as anticipated) and will be working to the end of March. Whatever happens, I plan to have at least a month off. Hopefully by then you will be able to go out and about and we can go girly shopping and have lunch. Always wanted to be one of those sad women that does lunch!! If not we can just meet up anyway. Keep those counts going up. Hope to see you soon. Love Catherine V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I do love your blogs. Am learning such a lot as well, especially all the abbreviations. I do hope you manage the Great Escape before Christmas and you are continuing the Onwards and Upwards! How are you finding the new hair style? Had another rehearsal last night for the Carol Service on Sunday evening. Lesley was aggreeably surprised and pleased with our efforts! We shall miss you on Sunday. Who is going to heat the mulled wine as well as the Thomas Family have done in the previous years? Hopefully your replacements will come up to the Thomas standards. Would you like some of tne little mince pies and shortbread? I am sure I have over catered as usual. Off to Sainsburys now for that inevitable Christmas shop. Hoping to beat the rush! Hope your energy levels continue to rise and the Great Escape can take place.
    Love Joan

    ReplyDelete