The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Well I've arrived

I'm now installed in my room at UCH.  I arrived this morning and spent some time trying to find homes for all of the stuff I brought with me to spare me from the dreaded boredom.

The main "hospital" event of the day was to have a PICC line installed in my arm, to give direct access to my veins so I don't have to be continually stabbed with needles.  It was done in a department which revels in a name something like "Human Intervention" by staff who were all wearing lead waistcoats and skirts which, somewhat randomly, were in Blackwatch tartan!  It was a bit like being at a Scottish wedding!

The family arrived to see my new home and we went out to Ask for dinner.  I can enjoy these little freedoms for the first few days while my immune system is not compromised, although wine will be off the menu once treatment starts.

First day of chemo tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't visit for a while! I'll remind daddy about peppermints :D
    Also, does PICC stand for something?
    Trying to set up Skype currently, should I make it a family one, or just name it after me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania,

    Don't fancy pepermints right now as I've eaten too many chocolate toffee popcorns (thanks Kev!). I might do by the time you bring them though.

    PICC does stand for something but I can't remember what - I just Googled it.

    Family would be good for Skype so we all feel part of it.

    Love Mummy

    ReplyDelete