The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Monday 29 November 2010

It's official!

Yes, I am officially neutropenic now - in fact I've gone the whole hog and have no neutrophils at all!  This means that I now have a yellow warning sign outside my room to tell anyone coming in.  It also means that any visitors must wear an apron as well as washing their hands and using the gel.  We are keeping visitors to family only (plus Michelle who counts as family) for the time being as the higher the number the more chance someone could bring in a potentially dangerous germ.

I know it seems strange that I am excited about achieving a normally highly undesirable state.  However, it is a necessary part of my process so it is one more milestone on the way to the cure.

Fortunately it still hasn't had a significant effect on my general wellbeing so I'm still standing.  I even managed a record number of rows of my knitting.

Dave joined me for the evening but I put the girls off due to the tube strike.  I see them next on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment