The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Sunday 28 November 2010

One more quiet day

This blog is in danger of becoming rather boring as so little is happening at the moment, but I think it is all about to change.

My counts are now borderline neutropenia as the lead time for destructive powers of the chemo, which prevented new cells from being produced, will run out (ie no new cells arriving when due).  I will start having to receive blood transfusions, thanks again to the selfless people who give blood, and am prevented from eating a wide variety of foods.  Think about the restrictions on pregnant, elderly, vulnerable people and add a few more banned substances which may bring in germs, eg salad.

So far my appetite has been great so I suppose at least the restrictions come when it is likely to fall away.

First Sunday of Advent today so I'll have to imagine the first candle being lit and imagine singing all my favourite carols.

More news tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy
    posting this from freezing West Sussex, but no snow so far. I am quite happy as it is virtually impossible for me to egt out when it snows. I have enough problems walking on even ground and no chance of staying upright on a slippery surface! No snow promised for tomorrow either.
    I am very envious of your Kindle, I have been thinking about getting one for a while now, must talk to Father Christmas.
    We spent today Christmas shopping in Brighton, all things considered it could have been a lot worse and I have now introduced Robin to H&M's boy department.
    Good luck with the restricted diet, hopefully you don't lose your appetite as you don't really have a lot to spare.
    Please send love to Dave and the girls
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    This is the third time I'm posting today - your blogspot doesn't seem to like me today. Let me know if amy show up???
    Tina XXX

    ReplyDelete