The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year

Here I am freshly back from my second appointment at the hospital since my escape.  All is still going well and I am feeling good.  The one event which I had to report is that the rash, which was relatively low level when I was released, has blown up in the last couple of days and keeps on appearing in new areas.  The worst places are the palms of my hands and soles of my feet as it is a little like extreme pins and needles too.  Also the dreaded puffy eyes are back

This is a manifestation of the battle going on between my old and new immune systems at the moment with my body as the battle ground!  The technical term is Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) and we want some of it, but not too much.

I have been given a short course of steroids to nip this in the bud (hopefully) as it is proving increasingly challenging to keep up with the rash with cream alone (there is a new patch every time I look!).

I hope you all had really great new year celebrations (mine were very quiet - Dave me and Avatar!) and wish you all the best for 2011.

Next appointment next Monday, 10 Jan, so look in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment