The Thomas family

The Thomas family
From left to right, Tania, Dave, me and Corina

Tuesday 1 February 2011

And another one down

Well that's another of my Monday appointments over with no major dramas.  I had a bit of a Cyclosporin spike last week so was called and told to miss a few doses and then reduce the regular dose - all part of the fine tuning!  I'll find out today (Tuesday) if my levels are still high and I need to reduce the dose further.  I have been asked to collect my urine over a 24 hour period to check my kidney function - mmm that will be fun.

They're also weaning me off the steroid which I've been taking to control the GVHD so I'm now on one 5mg dose every other day, and have been given tiny 1mg tablets so that we can fine tune further if required.  I still have the rash which is evidence of the GVHD in various places on my body but it has calmed down, with the steroid and steroid cream I use.

My hair is showing good signs of growing back.  It's a bit strange as it is dark on top and fair at the sides so I'm starting to look a bit like a badger,what with the furry face too!  Apparently it is a mystery what people's hair will grow back like.  It is highly likely that I will change from straight fair hair to curly dark hair (my mother's hair type), although I suspect whatever result will have a heavy smattering of grey.

Thank you to everyone who is continuing to send emails and comments, it's great to hear from you and I apologise if I don't reply to them all.

8 comments:

  1. When you feel brave enough, perhaps you could add a photo of your new hairstyle! Bon courage
    Lots of love Lynn and Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, not really a hairstyle yet, just patches of fluff and lots of scalp! I may give it a little longer, don't want to frighten anyone.

    Lovely to hear from you and delighted that you are in the new house (and with internet). We must have a full catch up some time, and Dave's planning another road trip soon.

    With love
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cathy - just managed to dig out your blog address and have a catch up read. I have sent you a lengthy email to catch up so hopefully you have already received that. Great to hear that all those drugs are doing what they are meant to be doing and that your hair is growing back. Nicky, Claire and I would love to come and see you at home if you think you are up to it? If so, let us have some dates to work around and we can get something into the diary. I've got lots of left over chocs from Christmas that I need to give you - well only the ones with the marzipan centres lol. Keep smiling. Missing you. Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you yet had another good day for your treatment.

    Hope to see you soon

    lol

    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, can we put our meet up on hold as mum has had half a knee op today and I want to help her out as much as i can - Gemma and I will be seeing her on saturday afternoon for a few hours.

    I was worrying about her all day but now i can relax now as I had spoken to her and dad earlier this evening. She is going to got up sometime tomorrow for physio and so we wont go in tomorrow coz she will be tired from all of that and the aenasthtic that they gave her.

    Catch up soon with you I promise

    lol

    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy
    Well looks like youve been having a rather busy time since i last saw you !!!!! But things certainly seem to be on the up which is great news and it certainly seems like your being well cared for by Dave and the girls.I cant believe how much theyve grown up it was quite scary although Elliott found it hilariouse as im sure he sees them much the same as the last time we saw you all.Id love to be able to send you some pics of the kids so if you get chance let me now your email address and we can keep in contact.Much love to you all and carry on being the strong brave lady you are.Nicola xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, I posted a comment this evening....and come back to you to ask a favour, and my comment isnt there?!! Hope youve been getting my messages, weve been thinking of you anyway!! I lent you a book, 'All will be well', I think it was called, you can keep it if you like, I hope you found it helpful, however Ive tried to buy it for a firend in distress and cant find it on Amazon, could you pass on the title which Ive probs remembered wrong, and the aut,hor so I can re order it....Ill try and re do my message......
    Keep up the good work of getting better and hope your not feeling too cooped up. I think of you as I drive off to work, it will be in a clean car tomorrow as I managed to clean it over the w/e! 2 weeks till half term cant wait!!
    My email is n.essam@ntlworld.com, thanks for the info, have a good week, love and best wishes Linda and coxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy,

    Hope tomorrow goes ok for you. Mums knee is ok she is up and walking with a walking frame (yesterday) and crutches today and tomorrow they are going to try and get her to do stairs if she cant then she wont be able to go home on tuesday. She is chirpy and happy.

    Take care

    lol

    Katrina xxx

    ReplyDelete